Curved sectional sofas are actually preferred by many all over the world. Such sofas come in different styles and designs. So choosing one that meets your personal requirements is not a hard task. They are considered as classy, elegant and eye-catching. If you need a new sofa set for your living room but in two minds regarding which type of sofa to choose, we have rounded up some merits and demerits of curved sectional sofas for you. You can consider them to make an informed buying decision.
Merits of curved sectional sofas
- Curved sectional sofas can be found in a range of colors, such as black, white, brown, gray, yellow, and so on.
- They are mainly made of durable materials, for example metal, leather, wood, microfiber, polyester, etc.
- Curved sectional sofas can blend in both traditional and modern types of living rooms.
- They have different shapes. However, L-shape, S-shape and U-shape are the most common ones.
- They can be carried and transported without requiring too much of a hassle, as they are not much heavy and can be divided into sections.
- A large number of people can sit on curved sectional sofas where traditional sofas can be used only by 3 or people.
- If some your friends come to your house for a sleepover but you don’t have enough space on your bed, you can use such a sofa for this purpose.
Demerits of curved sectional sofas
- Curved sectional sofas are appropriate only for large living rooms. If your living room or the room where you want to put your sofa set is small, you will find it hard to accommodate such sectional sofas.
- As they have a curved shaped, they usually waste space of any living room.
- They may look very attractive at the very first sight. But if they don’t match with the overall décor of your living room, the whole décor may look weird and unattractive only because of them.
- Cleaning them is also not easy. They will still get dirty even if you vacuum them 2-3 times per week
As you can see, the benefits of curved sectional sofas outweigh the disadvantages of them. So if you want to take the look of your living room to the next level, you can definitely try adding them into your living room.